Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Holidays!

I'm getting tired of everybody giving "Happy Holidays" a hard time. If I mean Merry Christmas, I say, "Merry Christmas." If I mean Happy New Year, I say, "Happy New Year." But if I mean Happy Holidays, I say, "Happy Holidays."

From Thanksgiving to New Year's we have Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanza, and New Year's. Five holidays celebrated by many people and groups in part or whole. So starting just before Thanksgiving, I start wishing folks Happy Holidays, because there are five of them celebrated in America over the following 5 or 6 weeks.

I don't use Happy Holidays to be politically correct and to avoid offending someone with a Merry Christmas. I say what I mean and mean what I say.

If you mean Happy Holidays, say Happy Holidays. Or, if you can't bring yourself to do it, say, "Happy ThanksKuhChristKwanYear." Just don't let the nit-pickers win!

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

You have to stop perpetuating the myth of Kwanzaa. Check these out:
Here
Here
Here
And Here