Monday, December 31, 2007

Woman, YOU are my claim to fame!

As 2007 comes to an end, I reflect on my blessings. I have so many! Wonderful children and grandchildren ... good health ... parents and parents-in-law who are all still with us and part of our lives ... a wonderful church to pastor ... gainful employment (a little more gain in 2008, please, Lord) ... a beautiful house and comfortable living conditions ... and many fine friends and colleagues I take too much for granted.

But let me end this year, and start the next, by acknowledging and proclaiming, proudly and gratefully, that the greatest blessing in my life, humanly speaking, is, and has been for many, many years now, my superlative life partner, the most wonderful, sweet, and gracious wife any man could ever have, my one and only, Tanya Beverly Jackson.

I am grateful that in 2007 my mate recaptured my attention, dramatically, excruciatingly, pointedly, and thrillingly. I was mortified to realize I had been taking her, the single most important person in my life, for granted in so many ways. Thinking myself a pretty good husband, I had become a pretty sorry one. That's changed now, thanks to my sweetheart's willingness to give me a millionth chance to really show her how much I appreciate and love her, and how committed I am to trying to be the man she can't live without.

Happy New Year, everyone. Make 2008 the year that you really, really love the ones you say you love!

Thank you, Tuna Pie, for being the mother of our children, my lover, my friend, my wife. You have long been the one I can't live without. Woman, YOU are my claim to fame!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Backwards that is WOW!
YOAO