Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fantasy Update #11

NFL: I broke even, 3 wins, 3 losses. Emerged from the weekend with 3 teams with losing records (3-7, 4-6, 4-6), one at 5-5, and two with winning records (6-3-1, 5-4-1). I expected that 5-4-1 team to be 5-5 as Monday Night Football began. All my players were done, my game was tied 90-90, and my opponent had SF tight end Vernon Davis on his team. All he needed was 1 point to win the game. Davis had 4 yards, zero points and I tie instead of losing. Go figure.

College Football: Razorback running backs had a tough day in the loss to Tennessee, scoring only about half their usual points. But I had made a brilliant roster decision -- having played 2 QB's all season, I dropped one QB and started a second set of RB's -- Navy -- who racked up an incredible 89 points against North Texas, ensuring my win in round one of the playoffs. Go, Navy! Now I face off against the 2nd best team in the league for the championship. I beat him by about 20 points in our regular season game. I ought to do it again ... but you never know.

NBA: Second week mirrored the first. My Kevin Garnett team won, my Kobe Bryant team lost. Kevin is 2-0, Kobe is 0-2. Already having to make tricky roster decisions. Long season ahead.

No comments: