Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Am Thankful

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving at the Greer home tomorrow, as Jerusalem and Nathan and Wylie and Miles throw a big shindig. My parents, Tanya's parents, Nathan's parents, my Aunt Zada, son Joshua and his girlfriend Brandi are all expected. There may be more! Daughter Jemimah and hubby Adam will be far away in Germany. Daughter Judea and boyfriend Frank will be even farther away in Texas. We will miss them, but eat some turkey and dressing in their honor.

I am thankful this Thanksgiving ... for the privilege of still being married to the girl of my dreams ... for our four beautiful children ... for two fine sons-in-law ... for two spectacular grandsons ... for our parents still being with us ... for my 3 brothers and their families ... for being healthy and gainfully employed ... for getting to pastor a church full of wonderful people ... for having so many material blessings when so many have so few ... for the Lord Jesus and His faithfulness to us for so many years.

I am thankful, too, to be an American, and to live in a nation that still values the individual and cherishes liberty. Let us never forget, freedom is not free. We must all do our part to help the USA remain the land of the free and the home of brave. God bless you on this Thanksgiving!


No comments: