Wednesday, June 16, 2010

CAMP MEME 2010, Day 3

Only Day 3? Are you kidding me?

Well, really, it was a laid-back day mostly. (Wiley even thanked the Lord for such when he said the blessing at supper!)

This morning, Meme had to go into work for a little while after breakfast. When she returned, she took the boys to the OBU library, where she checked out some books for them. Then they went and had lunch at the OBU caf while I grabbed a little nap!

When they returned, I had to go down to Emmet and be part of a graveside service. When I got back, Meme was preparing a taco supper for us. Meanwhile, Wiley watched one of the Lord of the Rings movies, and Miles re-watched "What's Up, Doc?" Then -- supper was great: homemade guacamole and salsa, Santitas white corn chips, Mexican rice deluxe, tacos, sweet tea. Yum!

After supper, I did most of the cleaning up while Meme went to the store for more camp supplies. When she got back, we had a read-aloud of chapter 1 of Yankee Batboy, one of the books they brought home from the library.

After that, the boys & I watched the end of the Yankees-Phillies game, then ESPN's 30 in 30 documentary, "June 17, 1994." Wiley lasted the whole hour, but Miles bailed about halfway through -- he had me put the movie "Spy Kids" on for him in their room and went to bed. Sorta.

Lots to do tomorrow, but that's tomorrow.

No comments: